Technical Support Specialist
Tethr’s vision is to help the world learn from its voice conversations. We help companies uncover never-before-seen insights from their business and customer phone calls. This entirely new set of data leads to improved customer loyalty, increased revenue and betterment of their products and services. Human conversation is complex. We strive to unlock the potential of this dataset for users of all skill levels.
As a result of continued growth, we’re looking for a Technical Support Specialist to add to our talented team. This role is perfect for an experienced and collaborative individual with superb troubleshooting and analytical skills to solve complicated systems and application issues quickly.
- Provide support and ownership for tier 2 support tickets and incidences for internal and external customer issues.
- Work effectively in a team environment to monitor, log, resolve and escalate issues with development, test and production cloud services.
- Maintenance and day to day operations of monitoring technologies such as PRTG, SumoLogic, PagerDuty, Stackify, and other logging and monitoring tools.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting of service performance.
- Responsible for monitoring platform 24/7 and escalating per SLA’s
- Identify and escalate new/missing monitoring requirements
- Work with Development Engineers to create/build new monitoring tools
- Audit health of all hosts on platform quarterly
- Incident Management
- Primary point of contact for all platform service Incidents
- Responsible for keeping detailed timeline and chronology of incident investigation, triage, and remediation actions
- Implement remediation actions to mitigate customer impact and assure health of the platform
- Management of escalation during incidents per SLA requirements
- Appropriate creation of problem tickets as discovered/required
- Responsible for completion of ticket lifecycle
- Adherence to all ticket escalation and policies per SLA’s
- Update and create internal articles and/or documentation
- Process focused; provides input to help improve/build processes
- Develop proficient understanding of all critical Platform application and services
- BA/BS degree in CS or equivalent Technical experience
- Azure Certified Cloud Engineer is a plus for this position.
- 2-5 years supporting web / cloud-based applications
- Experience managing and supporting SaaS applications
- Experience managing Azure and Amazon Cloud environments including knowledge of core Azure services, including virtual machines, block storage, Active Directory, Express Route, virtual networks, load balancers, VPN gateways, and blob storage.
- Experience trouble shooting telephony environments (call flow, understanding of call recordings, etc.)
- Experience with API, SFTP and batch processing
- Experience with various monitoring technologies (PRTG, Stackify, etc.)
- Experience with automating processes in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Strong network, systems and application monitoring background
- Strong working knowledge in firewalls, networks and systems
- Basic scripting to aid and further automation of standard procedures
- Great communication including moderation, facilitation, presentation, communication and issue management
- Working knowledge of Change and Problem management methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate with audiences of all levels
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision but focused on delivering results
- Able to manage multiple projects and communicate plans and statuses broadly and effectively
- Flexibility to work after hours and holiday on-call rotations.
At Tethr, we only hire great people. We love our product and take hiring very seriously. We enjoy working together and the feeling that we accomplished something every day. Our fast-paced environment means you’ll be able to quickly see the impact of your contributions on the success of our company and see the product of your time and energy make a difference in people’s lives.
In return for your contributions, you’ll be rewarded with excellent compensation, equity, and incredible opportunities for career growth and development in a vibrant, growing culture!
Learn more about us and our product and apply at https://tethr.com
Tethr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Tethr does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.