San Francsico Bay Area
Solovis is a SaaS software company that helps people at endowments, foundations, family offices and pensions model their portfolios and make better investment decisions. We’re a young entrepreneurial company that’s presently seeking an intelligent Web Developer to join our development team located in San Francisco, CA.We’re an agile team of highly skilled engineers who believe in end-to-end ownership and in getting things done. We value code quality, test-driven development and continuous integration. We review each other’s code and welcome feedback to help us grow as a team and as individuals. We push code to production as early as possible, gather feedback and iterate rapidly. We care about building impactful products that solve real problems.Each day we load large amounts of data from a variety of heterogeneous data sources into our PostgreSQL servers. Our Python analytics stack efficiently crunches this data to discover actionable insights that are then directly surfaced to our clients through our Rails/ReactJS web application. Internally we leverage RabbitMQ to scale communication between the various applications.
People who love this job:
- Enjoy working in a start-up environment building impactful and scalable products based on unique data sets.
- You care about how money impacts the world and feel that efficiency and transparency can only make the flow of capital better for all players.
- You can lead by example and enjoy the success of a team effort that results in happy customers.
- You want to be one of our early engineers that help shape our culture and lay out the technical foundation for the foreseeable future.
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Full proficiency in Ruby (minimum 3 years) or other relevant object-oriented programming languages. Experience and familiarity with AWS, Heroku, Postgresql, ReactJS, Jquery, and Rabbit MQ.
- Prior work with building scalable web applications using open source libraries.
- Knowledgeable about web scraping technologies and NLP/NLG techniques and tools.
- Interest in asset management and artificial intelligence.