Sr. DevOps Engineer
We’re looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer who wants to be a part of a team that is at the cutting edge of Communications Intelligence. We are a collaborative, fast paced, bleeding edge team, in a work environment that honors and celebrates team wins.
- Automate the deployment, configuration and management of cloud infrastructure in Azure.
- Develop and execute automated solutions and tools to monitor and support our software development and release processes.
- Own, configure, and maintain current and future automation tools for continuous integration and continuous delivery – Design and build tools for testing, deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Development of build and packaging automation and perform branching & merging operations with appropriate communications between teams.
- Build and maintain appropriate log gathering, system monitoring, and reporting infrastructures.
- Drive automation initiative with the development of automation templates (like ARM/ CloudFormation, etc).
- Contribute to the design and development of scalable, reliable, secure, and high-performance cloud services using cutting-edge SaaS solutions.
- Write small tools/utilities/scripts to simplify or automate day-to-day tasks.
- Handle escalations from L2 team for critical issues and drive resolution.
- Assist Engineering in troubleshooting system issues in all environments ensuring we identify and remediate the root cause of problems.
- Design and publish dashboards for various indicators like performance, utilization, cost, spend vs. budget.
- Delivery of cloud environments for DEV/TEST/QA/RE/PE through End-To-End automation to facilitate the CD processes, work with Performance Engineering for scale delivery.
- Performs Azure development and design work that may include logical design, I/O design, cloud architecture analysis and design, and systems engineering.
- Develops technical roadmaps for future Azure cloud implementations.
- Develops business case analysis on potential projects.
- Ensures security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions.
- Performs advanced systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, systems engineering/design with bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive technical experience in a development, design or architecture role.
- Minimum 5+ years of practical experience in cloud IaaS/PaaS engineering/delivery (Microsoft Azure)
- Extensive hands-on experience in end to end Cloud Delivery and managed services.
- Experience with capacity planning and scale up/down design, HA, Backup & recovery and implementation.
- Experience with Agile & DevOps practices.
- Strong experience with Azure Cloud Platform and support of microservices architecture & Docker containers.
- Vast experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar.
- Vast experience with build tools such as Jenkins, ANT, Maven, etc. including ground-up implementation.
- Configuration management knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrable skill in at least one scripting language PowerShell, JSON, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with both physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancers, Complex Network Design and Implementation.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Maintain technical documentation of the systems.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing push-button deployment at scale with zero downtime.
- Experience working on large or complex projects.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, flexible and creative with the ability to organize and prioritize time effectively.
- Self-starter with proven leadership abilities who is driven and passionate about technology.
- Level headed, cool under pressure, & able to effectively lead multiple simultaneous challenges.
- Enjoys solving problems and troubleshooting. Wants to learn new technologies.
- Strong customer skills and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently, work as part of a team, or work as a team leader.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks. Excellent sense of priority and ability to juggle several assignments, often with different clients, while keeping management informed and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Extremely detailed oriented. Excellent follow-through skills.
- Strong work ethic. Strong desire to please the customer regardless of the time it may take.
- Strong desire for self-improvement. Likes to learn new things. Willing to maintain and grow level of technical expertise including level of certifications.
- Be flexible and have fun at work.