Senior Underwriting Analyst
New York, NY
Behalf, a FinTech start-up specializing in small business credit, is growing. We are looking for a Senior Underwriting Analyst to join our team, and assist with new credit application review, transaction review, and Fraud identification.
This position offers a mix of both hands-on underwriting activities and the need to build and implement new automated rules and guidelines for underwriting review.
The associate will need to be familiar with Small Business Financial Statement analysis, as well as personal and commercial credit bureau reports.
The Sr. Analyst role is part of the Risk team, which focuses on Credit Underwriting and Fraud Prevention.
The Sr. Analyst will be responsible for evaluation of individual underwriting requests, including the specification and collection of additional documentation needed to evaluate underwriting decisions. In addition, the Analyst will be responsible for reviewing online transactions within our system, and doing real-time analysis of available data to make fraud and credit decisions on the spot within limited time frames.
The Analyst will have the opportunity to perform light database scripting, to evaluate the effectiveness of existing rules and size the impact of new recommendations.
We are looking for enthusiastic people with strong integrative thinking and analytic skills and the ability to operate in a white-space environment. The Sr. Analyst is expected to be able to work with other Behalf team members across multiple functional roles including Sales, Customer Service, and Product Development teams; located across geographies.
Behalf works with merchants and suppliers to provide instant point of sale credit options to their small business customers. The merchant gets paid immediately by Behalf, and we then collect the funds from the SMB on a customized schedule they set. This affordable, on demand access to working capital helps suppliers and their customers do more business. Behalf is a fast-paced, growing company with a start-up culture.This position is located in our New York City office.
Hours are 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM Mon – Fri in our New York office.
- Develop deep understanding of our underwriting, fraud, and credit tools and processes
- Underwrite applications for new Behalf loan facilities, and re-underwrite existing loan facilities.
- Analyze and make on the spot fraud and credit decisions using internal and external data sources
- Design and evaluate rules to shape and improve our Risk underwriting recommendations.
- Assist in automating fraud and underwriting rules, including analysis of past performance.
- Maintain and make recommendations on the Business’s Underwriting Policies and Procedures
- Communicate findings and make suggestions to Product, R&D, and Management teams on modifications or additions to the Business’s risk and credit tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university
- 2-5 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with financial lending products, including an understanding of the economic drivers of loans, line-of-credit and Credit – card tradelines.
- Strong Integrative thinking skills, and ability to understand and solve complex business problems.
- Ability to analyze, present and reach conclusions for business processes
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with different roles within the organization
- Creative, motivated, out of the box thinker.
- Can-do thinker with high EQ, and an ability to focus on the customer
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and follow through.
Candidates with the following are strongly preferred
- Prior experience in Small Business Underwriting
- Candidates with some experience with SQL, Mongo DB, Python, or other database languages