Senior Credit Risk Analyst
New York, NY
Behalf, a FinTech start-up specializing in small business credit, is growing. We are looking for a Sr. Credit Risk Analyst to join our team, to own channel-level credit policy, line assignment, and pricing models; and valuations frameworks for both existing credit products and new credit-product development.
In addition, the Sr Analyst will be responsible for creating and maintaining loss forecasting projections, and monitoring portfolio performance against past expectations.
The Sr. Credit Analyst role is part of the Credit & Risk team, which focuses on Credit Underwriting and Fraud Prevention.
The Sr. Analyst will be responsible for building account and transaction level performance-prediction models, and incorporating these models into our valuation frameworks.
The analyst will also be expected to use these models and tools to recommend changes to automated underwriting policies, including changing pricing, line assignment, and approval decisions.
The analyst will work closely with finance, business intelligence, and development teams across the Behalf organization, to ensure flawless execution of recommended policy changes, and to build analytic tools to scale the productivity of the team.
We are looking for enthusiastic people with strong integrative thinking and analytic skills and the ability to operate in a white-space environment.
The Sr. Analyst is expected to be able to work with other Behalf team members across multiple functional roles including Business Intelligence, Sales, Customer Service, and Product Development teams located across geographies. As the team and portfolio grows, the position is expected to grow into a management role.
Behalf works with merchants and suppliers to provide instant point of sale credit options to their small business customers.
The merchant gets paid immediately by Behalf, and we then collect the funds from the SMB on a customized schedule they set.
This affordable, on demand access to working capital helps suppliers and their customers do more business.
Behalf is a fast-paced, growing company with a start-up culture.
This position is located in our New York City office.
- Develop deep understanding of our credit underwriting models, systems, and policies
- Analyze loss and performance trends in the existing portfolio, including working closely with Behalf’s finance team to drive periodic budget and forecasting exercises
- Utilize existing and proposed data sources and tools to improve underwriting policies and models
- Assist in improving the procedures and rules used to manually evaluate credit applications
- Optimize and maintain forward-looking valuations frameworks at both the customer and segment level
- Work closely with product and development teams to implement recommended strategies
- Communicate findings and recommendations to Senior Leadership within the organization
- Provide input and guidance on investments in external data sources or underwriting tools
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university
- 2-5 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with financial lending products, including an understanding of the economic drivers of loans, line-of-credit and credit-card tradelines.
- Experience with Credit Analysis, Business Intelligence Analysis, or Data-Driven Product Analysis.
- Strong Integrative thinking skills, and ability to understand and solve complex business problems.
- Ability to analyze, present and reach conclusions for credit underwriting policies
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with different roles within the organization
- Creative, motivated, out of the box thinker.
- Can-do thinker with an ability to focus on the customer
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and follow through.
Candidates with the following are strongly preferred
- Candidates with some experience with SQL, MongoDB, Python, or other database languages
- Familiarity with the laws, rules, and regulations governing lending within the United States.