San Francisco, Denver, Salt Lake City, or Washington DC
DivvyCloud is built and lead by passionate technologists focused on building next-generation cloud automation technology. Our culture is centered around bringing together top talent to solve challenging technical problems. Passion and a self-driven personality are critical to an individual’s success at DivvyCloud. Our goal is to build a culture and office environment that doesn’t feel like work, but rather is a place you want to be.
We have a proven, differentiated product; referenceable customers; experienced leadership; and dedicated financial backers. Our co-founders come from the online game industry (Electronic Arts) so we have fun while working hard to drive success for our customers, employees, and company.
DivvyCloud software enables organizations to achieve their cloud computing goals by simplifying and automating the lifecycle management of IT resources across leading public/private cloud platforms. DivvyCloud delivers multi-cloud infrastructure visibility, monitoring and automation to improve security, reduce costs, and ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are an equal opportunity employer. DivvyCloud is a progressive and open-minded workplace where we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. If you are smart, passionate and good at what you do, come as you are.
DivvyCloud seeks a highly motivated, technically accomplished sales engineer. We seek a candidate that will bring their technical experience selling enterprise software to an innovative technology company with a compelling value proposition, incredible team, and great culture. The ideal candidate will be based in one of the following metropolitan areas: San Francisco, Denver, Salt Lake City, or Washington DC.
DivvyCloud’s software appliance mitigates risk by providing virtual guardrails and automated remediation for security, compliance and governance to customers embracing the dynamic, self-service nature of public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) and container infrastructure.
- Partner closely with the sales team as a technical advisor and advocate for the DivvyCloud platform while continuously improving the conversion rate from qualified opportunities to closed deals in order to meet quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Build deep expertise in the DivvyCloud platform and public cloud platforms, and apply this knowledge to solve customer challenges.
- Participate in pipeline development, forecasts, and quarterly business reviews.
- Win the trust of customers by demonstrating technical and business acumen and empathizing with their business challenges.
- Act as trusted advisor and advocate for our customers.
- Master how to sell DivvyCloud from high-level introductions to technical deep dives.
- Develop and deliver engaging demonstrations in collaboration with our sales team to both business and technical users.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Contribute to, and employ, best practices in the execution of POCs and pilots.
- Help customers customize or extend DivvyCloud solution during POC or pilot phases.
- Present to prospects, customers, and partners at trade shows, conferences, and webinars.
- Participate in value-added activities including community involvement (meetups), case studies, and reference calls.
- Work with customers and sales team stakeholders to design and align solutions to customer use cases, integration challenges, data reporting and more.
- 5+ years experience successfully supporting software product sales to IT organizations.
- BA or BS degree, or comparable work experience, in computer science or a related field.
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 30%.
- Previous experience in a pre or post-sales technical customer facing position working with enterprise customers.
- Experience working with AWS, Azure, GCP or other public/private cloud platforms; datacenter experience also beneficial.
- Good practical understanding of cloud architectures.
- An understanding of the challenges related to security, compliance, and governance for cloud and container infrastructure.
- The ability to take complex pieces of technology and explain it in a simple and easy way.
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intellectually curious, great problem-solving skills.
- A very collaborative disposition, and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders in contexts varying from pre-sales to post-sales, customer support and more.
- Previous experience working with/presenting to executive level prospects and customers.
- Software development experience in languages such as Python, RESTful web services or scripting languages a plus.
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, or RedHat) a plus.
- Currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Salt Lake City, Denver, or the Washington DC area.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Join a fast-growing start-up in the exploding market space of cloud computing
- Competitive salary, 401k program, stock option program
- Great health, dental and vision insurance
- Casual, fun and dynamic culture
- Opportunities for career advancement as we grow
- An opportunity to work directly with, and impact, the most savvy and advanced cloud customers in the world