MissionOG invests in high-growth, technology-focused B2B companies that seek to accelerate growth. We are building an innovative investment platform that identifies uncommon investment opportunities with exceptional management teams, attractive markets and compelling models. MissionOG has invested in 22 companies to date with assets under management of over $100 million.
Our team members excel in an environment where collaboration and integrity are paramount. As a MissionOG team member, you demonstrate modesty and a profound appreciation for the responsibility to help our companies reach their goals and achieve their dreams. We gauge our success by the returns we generate for our investors, the impact we have on portfolio companies, and our ability to cultivate consistent learning within the firm. You strive to create impact every day and understand the value of acting both autonomously and as part of a group.
We seek an analyst to join the MissionOG team. You are passionate about working in an execution-focused environment that inspires people to do their best work. We are looking for a highly detailed, organized, and vocal team member who is eager to assist with our investment process, portfolio company monitoring and targeted industry research. You are drawn to the opportunity to engage in multi-disciplinary tasks and thrive in a goal-oriented environment.
In this role, you will directly support MissionOG’s investment associate with deal sourcing, discovery, diligence and portfolio management. Ultimately, you will help to augment our overall investment process. Most importantly, you will be an integral member of the motivated team at MissionOG and help fuel our continued growth. Our culture is entrepreneurial and emphasizes personal growth. At MissionOG, we seek those with boundless initiative who desire to maximize impact each day.
- Assess and model prospective investments for our portfolio of investments
- Assist in managing our weekly investment review process through collaboration with portfolio companies and partners to deliver critical financial analysis for the firm
- Research markets and specific companies that match the firm’s investment theses
- Produce and present investment theses and strategy recommendations
- Prepare investment memorandums and presentations
- Manage, vet and track portfolio company reporting and analyze portfolio companies’ financial performance
- Prepare and maintain fund and portfolio company dashboards
- Develop financial models to support business analysis
- Provide strategic/on-demand work for data-driven projects
- A bachelor’s degree with high academic performance
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
- 2 to 4 years of related experience in venture capital/private equity industry preferred
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven professional commitment, initiative, accountability and ownership of tasks
- Superior analytical and strategic-thinking skills, combined with excellent business judgment
- Aptitude to challenge and question perceived norms
- Ability to gather and make sense of a vast amount of data
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Experience with portfolio management databases a benefit
- Advanced Excel modeling skills and PowerPoint skills
- Ample horsepower and adaptability with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Unquestionable integrity and strong work ethic
MissionOG offers a highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), and paid time off.
The position is based in our Center City, Philadelphia office. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.