Senior Software Engineer
Cognical, Inc. dba Zibby is a financial-technology company funded by top VC’s and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs. We are looking for people with passion around our products and values to help us on our mission.
Zibby is our nonprime payment option for online and brick and mortar shoppers. Our lease-to-own solution fully integrates with e-retailers’ storefront and checkout processes to provide the only financing option for 65 million underbanked and nonprime consumers to acquire electronics, appliances, furniture, and other durable goods online.
We are currently looking for a talented, creative and experienced Principal Software Engineer to help us build our next generation financing platform.
Take on a senior role and be responsible for technical decision making as well as implementation
Proactively offer options for features/improvements, and recognize potential growth bottlenecks before they become issues.
Design and help build our data processing pipeline
Architect and implement improvements to the Zibby API and our 3rd party extensions to support merchants
Build custom data driven tools and visualizations
Distribute acquired best practices for scalable software development throughout the tech team
- Strong experience in SQL, relational and NoSQL databases (preferably PostgreSQL, Redshift and DynamoDB)
- Knowledge of Python and JVM based application deployment best practices
- Strong understanding of HTTP and RESTful services and their implementation in a high traffic, scalable environment – and API design best practices
- High level of familiarity with cloud computing (AWS) and git versioning
- Ability to function independently and work in a team in the fast paced startup environment
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, a strong equity package, and meaningful work.