Cognical, Inc. dba Zibby is a well-funded financial-technology company funded by top VC’s and led by team of experienced entrepreneurs. We are looking for people with passion around our products and values to help us on our mission.
Zibby is our nonprime payment option for online and brick and mortar shoppers. Our lease-to-own solution fully integrates with e-retailers’ storefront and checkout processes to provide the only financing option for 65 million underbanked and nonprime consumers to acquire electronics, appliances, furniture, and other durable goods online.
We are currently looking for a talented, creative and experienced DevOps Engineer to help us build our next generation financing platform.
- Ensure high scalability, failover and security of the financial platform
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment and monitoring
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev., test and production environments
- Understand cost vs. reliability trade-offs and recommend cost effective solutions
- In-depth knowledge of AWS
- Strong background in Linux administration and security
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Ansible or similar
- Strong experience in SQL, relational and NoSQL databases (preferably PostgreSQL, Redshift and DynamoDB)
- Knowledge of Python and JVM based application deployment best practices
- Experience configuring message brokers and cache clusters (such as RabbitMQ, Redis or similar)
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment best practices
- Ability to function independently and work in a team in the fast paced startup environment
- 3-5 years of experience in DevOps role
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
- AWS certification is a big plus
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, a strong equity package, and meaningful work.